Wednesday, November 9, 2011

iCloud and iTunes in a Family - Clearing up the confusion


One question I get asked a lot from family and friends as they set up their iDevices.
"What account should we use for purchasing music, apps, tv shows, movies, books, etc? We currently have 5 accounts and it is so confusing keeping track of who bought what and signing in 5 different times when we do app store updates.. It's too confusing!"
I want to share with you how my family uses our iDevices as it relates to iTunes and iCloud. Not that this is a life changing topic, but it is reality, many use iDevices for music, movies, games, texting, IM'ing and even sometimes, phone calling.  It is confusing with all of the options for iTunes and iCloud, iMessage, PhotoStream, Backups, etc, etc.

I basically subscribe to the write up that was done by macstories. See below.  I wanted to write it all up myself, but since they are much better writers and I would be essentially repeating what they've already detailed out so well, I figured I would just send you to their site.

http://www.macstories.net/stories/ios-5-icloud-tips-sharing-an-apple-id-with-your-family/

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment